Sunday, October 6, 2013

Southwestern Chicken for a rainy Sunday

Now that the weather is getting cooler, I've hauled out my trusty Rival crock pot. It must be at least 35 years old, still works like a charm. I've been pouring over my stash of slow-cooker recipes. Southwestern Chicken is perfect for a cold,  rainy Sunday.

Southwestern Chicken
The Ingredients.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 jar salsa, medium hot
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
Salt and pepper to taste
Shredded cheddar cheese
Minute Rice
The Directions.
Combine corn, beans and half the jar of salsa in the crock pot. Season chicken with salt and pepper. I used seasoned salt. Place chicken on top and cover with the remaining salsa.
Cook on high for 5 hours.
Serve with rice. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese just before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment